View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 PM

silverdoctor---- First of all, I never mentioned anything about intelligence. Many posted here claiming that Alberta doesn't get anything from the feds - when in fact you do - and that's all i've been saying... Alberta gets billions back from the feds - is it a fair amount? No, never said it was.

So how do you not consider that cutting a cheque to other provinces? That has been your broken record on a lot of posts. "That Albertans think they write a cheque to Quebec" Well it seems that is exactly what is happening.

As you are self employed I will not use you in my next comparison, as your tax situations vary from mine, the average Joe, I will use myself. When I do my taxes at the end of the year and find out that I am receiving a refund, is that my money coming back because I overpaid, or is that the feds giving back my "fair share"? Was that money ever really the GOC's cash?

Why do you say "-when in fact you do-"? Do you mean "-when in fact we do-"? Are you not an Albertan? Or maybe is it that there has been some brain washing in your up-bringing and that is why you don't see the cheque that gets written by Alberta. Many Montrealers truly believe that they are carrying Alberta financially, so there are some misguided notions out there.

Silverdoctor ----Typical - insults instead of proof. You're starting to sound like a bully in a school yard - "yeah right".

I really thought that your charts couldn't be biased. I grew up with bullies they never effected me, actually they made me realize that the world wasn't always fair. I am not from an entitled generation.

Silverdoctor---- Again with the ignorance. $10 billion is missing, yep, you got it. That's the point of the chart. Glad you brought up per capita Hyper - cause per capita - Quebec receives less than any other of the have not's. Per capita, PEI receives the most. How many billions to the feds keep for themselves to waste on what they want? How many billions does it cost to run the government itself?

Speaking of ignorance. Never mentioned per capita, yet. Montreal feeds off of our money how you don't see it is incredible. True government costs exist, but I was unaware that Quebec was the only province with operating costs.

Silverdoctor----My dad is dead, died last year of cancer. Feel better now?

Yeah, because that has never been used before. I believe anything and everything you say. I feel so terrible right now.

Silverdoctor---- Per capita, Per capita, Per capita. Gimme a break. If you really want to break down the numbers per capita, then Quebec gets less per capita than the rest of the have nots.

Once again I never mentioned transfers in per capita.

Silverdoctor---- Harper is changing the rules to work with the provinces on a per capita basis. Did you read the news article I posted? The rest of the provinces are losing health transfers and Alberta is getting them. An extra billion dollars. Both Alberta AND ONTARIO receive less per capita due to the capability to generate revenue. So Alberta isn't alone.

OK now we are talking about future contributions. Its wonderful that this is changing. You have skated around the answer again. Until this year (added that because that seems to be a huge point of confusion) why wouldn't the feds fund a hospital bed at the same rate in all provinces? Well you answered it, because they figured we could take care of ourselves. My point from the beginning. Did we receive a tax break to take care of those costs? No. So we all contribute equally to general taxes but we receive less from the government to run our province. That really is strange. Almost like we are writing cheques to other provinces

Silverdoctor ----You seemed to have blown a gasket over the government not offering to help on the twinning of 63 - when in fact they are paying for half.

Once again, I was really excited that the government finally put some dollars into that road. Its only about 40ish years overdue. The problem has existed a lot longer than the 2ish years that you have probably resided in Alberta.

Silverdoctor----Do some research of your own before attacking me personally.

Boy if that isn't the blackest pot I have ever seen. Mind you, doing research and understanding research are two very different things, so I guess I am the one who is wrong here. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by HyperMOA; 09-08-2012 at 06:33 PM.