View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=catnthehat;1905780][QUOTE=nekred;1905742]I love these stories keep them coming... I love to hear all the BS spewed at achery counters as well...
Quote:

Quite a few years ago (late 80's?) my father had come up for a visit and we were hanging out at a sports shop called Northern Sportsman in Ft. Mac.
he spide a set of 280 Rem. dies in the bargain bin and for the price, he picked them up.
The guy at the counter, never meeting him before says " the 280's no good, 7mag's the best you should get one of those " The Old man grabbed my arm and squeezed a bit ust before I was going to give the counter guy an ear full.

The guys were shooting their compounds through the chronograph a while later and I sent a few heavy cedars out of my Mike Fedora long bow - it was quick for a long bow bow even with those arrows .
same guy says" nice bow, what bow do you hunt with "?
Don't think I went back in there after.
Cat
Theres a good chance the guy behind the counter was my brother, there for I think your full of SH IT. He's one of the most knowledgable guys about guns and ammo. And he's shoots a pretty mean group with a bow. By the way, buy your self a real bow..