View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM

I'm a teacher. I was sickened as I watch this. I would not be surprised at all if this freak is the next one we hear about in the news being charged with any number of things.

I have never seen anything vaguely approaching this level of vulgarity in a school. The worst I heard of was a teacher in a high school who had a big bowl of colored condoms on her desk for students to replenish their stock.

I'm not there. I teach grade 7&9 Health among other things, which includes units on sexuality. To be frank, I am uncomfortable teaching it, as I feel that's something for a parent to do. However, not all kids have parents anymore, and so I do my job. At my school I have arranged for the Pregnancy Care Centre to come in and address our kids as a group. They will talk frankly about the unintended physical, emotional, and social consequences of sex at a young age that last a lifetime, and that abstinence until marriage is the only type of truly safe sex.

Call me a prude if you like, but the tall foreheads who approve this kind of crap - and make no mistake, there are many in Alberta who would support this perversity - deserve a sledgehammer in the forehead to put them out of their misery.

It's tough for kids to grow up in this generation. The streams they are forced to navigate can be brutal.

This saddens and angers me.

Sick.

Finally, if I ever saw this in a colleague's class, I would rip it down myself and tell them exactly what I thought. I would then talk to my principal and notify the ATA.

Last edited by sns2; 05-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.