View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle30 View Post
Well sorry to have mis-quoted you. I will have to go back and check your response.

To be quite honest Potty my disagreement is not really with you, I do think that you have a fundmental disagreement with the crossbow as a weapon. As I have said I can understand and I do respect that. I also stand by the fact, without any proof, that there are traditional archers out there that think compund hunters are lazy because they use a weapon that does not require nearly as much practice. I am a member of a archery range and I tell you that I see the same people there until the season is just about to start and then you see new guys there a couple of times. Now either call these guys out as unethical archers or admitt that by the time you have sighted in your pins you have enough experience with a bow that a couple of sessions a year make you a capable hunter at specific ranges. Again this isn't me. I shoot 2-3 times a week 8 months a year. My point is that you can be a lazy compound hunter just as easy as a lazy crossbow hunter. I agree, for the most part, those guys that put in additional time are going to be much more accomplished shooters, that is why I put in my time.

I also admit that somewhere the line would have to be drawn. We do draw the line. Can't have automatic weapons in the woods etc.

Again my disagreement is with those that have expressed their displeasure with any rule change because it means they won't have exclusive rights to an area. I get the impression that you welcome new bowhunters to the sport. To me these other guys are happy never to have another bow hunter in the sport until they have decided not to bow hunt anymore. Of course no-one has come out and said that but that is the impression that I am getting.

OK now I'm really done. Responding anyway. May still read along.

Have fun boys
Having spent this weekend at the Canadian nationals 3D tourney, I had a chance to speak to alot of traditional hunters. It was intresting to find out alot of them also have a compound bow for hunting and felt no ill treatement.

I'm 100% against xbows as BOW, and having any association with them and allowing them to take part in archery season.

I don't think anyone is upset at new Compound hunters entering the field, there all welcome..........It's the xgun hunters that will disrupt the balance!!!

There good where they are now, used in rifle season, under the sub text that right now they are considered a gun type!!!

If increase oppoturnity means allowing xbows, i'll be selfish, I don't want to see them.

I'm personally not worried about losing my exclusive permissions, 60 % of my land owners have said they will not allow xbows on or around there property, so have fun.

Oh and wierd I might be wrong but right now the only place that allows xbows to practice is a rifle range, I believe neither archery shop in Calgary allows them??? again i might be wrong on that.