View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleswrath View Post
I would definitely hope so right! Even the Impact should be able to handle big water but I've heard a few contradicting stories, hull damage, etc. Tough to judge other peoples experiences and what they consider a rough ride or how they were driving in certain conditions. I think some folks might be under the impression that they can blast through 3 foot waves at full throttle and expect a smooth ride.
That being said I would definitely like to error on the side of caution and go with the heaviest gauge aluminium I can get even if I will be babying it a bit.
The Crossover, Tyee and Princecraft sport 182 are all within 0.010" of each other and would be my ideal boats.
I was limited to what fits my garage, and still get stound it with the door down ,so I went with a Rebel 1650 Sport with a 90, and it is fine for what I use it for, but it is only comfortable for three people fishing, and I stay off of the water, when it gets rough. That being said, the little Rebel does well in a chop with 800lbs, I just back down the speed to where I feel comfortable. A friends Crestliner is a bit bigger, but it is rougher in a chop, but no faster, even with 25hp more, the Lund IPS hull is very well designed. I did price a smaller Crossover, but rigged the way that I wanted, it was almost double the cost.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 07-28-2023 at 10:56 AM.