View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleswrath View Post
Hey, thanks guys, appreciate it.
JR - I looked at some heavy duty welded boats like stanleys, harbourcrafts and kingfishers but I decided that I wouldn't be in conditions that required that kind of bulk. The wife didn't like the commercial look they had either. C'est la vie...

Now, does that mean your Crossover is a little too small and light? Where you fishin?
The crossover is the opposite of being light ,on the trailer at the scales its about 3000 lbs Some people like it because its also a ski boat . Just to much rug for me . Mine has a removable floor rug via snaps ,but full carpet on rear casting deck and front bow casting deck and on the sides. Nothing worse than removing fish slim or blood at the end of a trip . Its easy to pressure wash the carpet but it takes days to dry . I want a boat with no carpet !
The crossover is also build to come out of the water and just skim the top of the water . Sounds good when the water is like glass but very rough ride when you just get a little chop . The tyee with a deep haul or a kingfisher with a deep haul would be my next pick . My goto lake most weekends is Cold lake . Seems like I am always driving off at 10- 15 mph when there are whitecaps . Been looking at boats over 22 ft . The draw back is they sit to high on the trailer and will not slid under the garage door .
Hard to convenes wife we need to move so i can get a taller garage .
Cold lake would be my choice where to move to and have a slip .
Then i would get a boat with a hard top .