Thread: Sheep Hunting
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
Sounds like you have a healthy respect for bears...which is a good thing. But be careful not to be paranoid. You won't enjoy your trip if your over thinking getting eaten by a bear. Be cognizant that they share the same space as you, try not to surprise one by keeping your presence known and you'll more than likely only encounter one from a distance.
Saying that...as far as your comment about screwing up the bear. YOu might want to rethink that. I think the opposite. If the bear wants to screw you up your done.
Yep definitely have a healthy respect for them. Ive dealt with black bears and find they're mostly wimps. Not sure the same can be said about the Grizzlies. I guess Ill find out later this summer. As long as I take precautions, and be vigilant I dont expect any problems. I know most Grizzly attacks are provoked and not predatory in nature. In saying that still a mind game going out on your own, in grizzly country.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill