Thread: Sheep Hunting
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i see the advice on skipping the spotter for sure, i'd happily do that with some judging experience and confidence, also see the recommendation for a spotter, especially for new sheep hunter, clearly it's not a necessity as some consistent ram killers don't bother

could need confirmation about the cabelas binoculars, understand they may be made by meopta, haven't heard bad things about either

i run leica ultravid hd's and they are the shizzle, i keep trying lesser bino's with great reputations for the money but keep coming back to the ultravid hd's...so worth it to me

and whoever said get those 10x on the tripod? YES TIMES 10!!! when i started hard mounting the bino's the amount of game i found increased big time, great thing to add to this thread, for other stuff i have window mount also, deer, scouting etc. Game changer imo!

The Cabela's Euro HD binos are rebadged Meopta Meostar, Made In Czech Republic. I doubt those cheaper Cabelas binos are Made by Meopta. Yes, the Meostar or Euro HD are fantastic binos. Very similair to Swaro SLC HD in many ways at a lower price point. Not quite Swaro EL SV level though.

I wrote a very long winded review here:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=288544

As for binos vs spotting scope; for me it is emphatically binoculars. It find it much more comfortable to glass for long periods of time with two eyes instead of one. Although a spotting scope is necessary to IMO to inspect in detail something without having to walk closer.