View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 AM

We were at Newell this past weekend... Really hot.... On friday we only caught 6 pike, 2 of them were about 5 lbs. Satutrday, we went out and found midlake humps and marked them on the gps, so we didn't fish much but Danni caught a pike and I caught a 4 lbs 58cm wally. Again it's about the 5th walleye over 50cm we've had to throw back. Big Tags for Next year!!!
We have only caught 1 fish under 50 at Newell this year. The water temp was 69 F in the morning to 72 F in the evening.

We trolled bottom bouncers over the humps. We have only fished there 3 times so we, don't have a ton of info to share.

Also make sure you reserve a campsite, there are no first come first serve. If they are full, keep trying everyday, as i didn't get a reservation until Wednesday of last week.

Anyone on the board, have a boat full of water Sunday morning, we didn't make it out because it was too rough, but do not leave your boat tied up to shore as i went to the launch Sunday morning and every boat was full of water and sitting on the bottom.

Dustin