View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Great.....another poster that just blurts out nonsense without reading the previous 8 pages nor any of the logic that shows put-and-take bass stocking does NOT work in Canada.They are NOT "just like trout" that can be grown out relatively quickly in captivity,stocked in early spring as a reasonable pansize fish for P&T fishing and double their weight in one growing season.Bass are NOTHING like trout in that respect....Once again for those that missed it the first 10 times,or perhaps just choose to ignore the facts ....they take several(5+) years to grow to any decent size in Canada's 3-4 month bass growing season,therefore you cannot stock bass for P&T fishing and expect to replace them every year unless you are prepared to spend a rediculous fortune growing them in climate controlled captivity for 2-3 years prior to release.Let me explain it another way for the really simpleminded such as horsetrader......you can put 1000 3 inch trout in a pond in March and by august you have 1000 12 inch trout.You can put 1000 3 inch bass in the same pond in March,and in August you will have 1000 4 inch bass.....yippeee!!!Any trout that survive the winter will grow to 16-18 inches by next August.Any bass that happen to survive at all might reach 5-6 inches next August?Aside from the dangers of introducing a predatory invasive species that can absolutely destroy native trout fisheries when they ARE INEVITABLY introduced illegally to watersheds where they do not belong by bucket brigade Bill Dance wannabe b*****wholes,please explain to me how a species that grows so slowly has any merit as a candidate for PUT AND TAKE fisheries as you *****clowns insist on repeating over and over and over?P&T what for chrissakes?Put in 3 inchers and take out 4 inchers before they die next winter??Or should we spend 20-30X the money to grow bass indoors in climate controlled hatcheries for 2-3 years so we can release them as 3 pounders only to kill them immediately....because that IS what PUT and TAKE fishing is boneheads!!

Bwahahahahaaaaaaa....yer a fine one to make such a comment,you are the thickest person I think I've ever had the displeasure of debating any subject with.

And speaking of personal attacks HT,you like to question my knowledge on SMB,and in fact assume and like to state to the forum how I don't know what I'm talking about.....interesting how you come to that conclusion when it's clear to me (and most likely any other halfways educated person?)that you don't know jachchit about bass biology,life cycle,growth rates or reproduction.

I on the other hand have caught 1000's of bass in 4 different provinces and am well informed on the effects of these invasive menaces on native salmonids,in no small part from the first hand experience of witnessing my home waters destroyed by them before my very own eyes in my own relatively short lifetime.I've made it my business to know my enemy,and I am actively involved in educating fellow anglers in NB on discouraging and preventing the further proliferation of SMB on our home trout and salmon waters,and enthusiastically involved in eradication efforts of same.....or in other words,cleaning up after ignorant fools such as yourself.When it comes to understanding bass as a predatory invasive species and the negative effects it has on native salmonids sir,I could write a book on the subject whereas I'm quite certain you could fit what you know about it on the head of a pin.
You can rant and rave all you want it will not make it any more correct
You could have saved your self a lot of time just by pasting what you said a day ago it is no different not sure why you felt the need to post it but to each his own. Anyway I'm done with you good bye........