View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Grinr I never said anything about put and take. I have mentioned it earlier until I heard about the slow growth rate. Doesn't mean they can't stock them and put a no keep limit on them for a few years. Just because they would be stocked doesn't mean they need to be kept.

You are the one blurting out things and not having an open mind to what is possible. Just because you don't want bass in Alberta doesn't mean they can't make it here.

You are a complete goof. Read the posts again. I am saying they could stock them like trout every year and keep a spawning class for every year for a few years and see how they do. I would be that way because they wouldn't be able to spawn. Have you ever heard of an aerator? They use them all the time to keep fish alive when winter kills are common. I am by no means a biologist but I am pretty sure I am a hell of a lot smarter then you. I hope someone gets bass in this province and they handle it just fine just to prove a point to you. I wouldn't be surprised if you still came on here tooting your own horn still trying to say they won't last.
You don't understand GOOF!I hope to hell thay DO NOT last!I've witnessed firsthand what the LEGAL,government sposored introduction of smallmouth bass in NB(1890s) and NS (1940s)has done to the salmon and trout fisheries in those provinces once the bucket brigaders start moving them all over the place,and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.In the last 20-30 years,thanks in no small part to the saturation of the airwaves with bass fishing shows promoting C&R and live release tournaments,Bill Dance wannabes with dreams of becoming the next Bassmaster's classic winners have spread these spiny green bass turds from the few originally selected locations where they were introduced to hundreds of lakes and rivers throughout NB and NS for the convenience of having bass in their own backyards.So if bass God forbid ever do get introduced and established in Alberta,yes I will be back on here,not "tooting my horn" but rather to say "I told ya so".