View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
[insert donnie and marie crack here]

All things aside, horsetrader makes a good point

Also when it comes to giving a description, ethnicity is the starting point at which forms a description of anyone. it really changes the features of the description. its not like im going to say that he is black at the end of the witness sketch....... that said I dont think they all look alike because they dont. However, certain ethnicities have certain features that are "commonly different" to other ethnicities. doesnt mean they all look alike.

If I say someone is asian or oriental it is in no way discriminatory. Literally if I was describing white guys i would say white guys not just guys. if there is a different way to summarize different ethnicities that you guys are comfortable with then please share. And no I personally dont know the difference between japanese and chinese and korean. sometimes I can guess and get it right. most times not. just like most people cant tell the difference between an american, canadian, english, scotish, irish just by looking yet we are all called white.

but in all seriousness, I can understand why one might feel upset about being called an "asian" however, consider that it is not necessarily a derogatory name. if the comments that follow are questionable then it's open season, but otherwise just relax. i have many friends of several cultures. we all make fun of eachother for it unless there is a reason for it to not be ok.

and if any one has a problem with that, they better learn the difference visually between a Canadian and an American or i will swim across the river and beat you with my fenwick.......

good day.
Good post. I believe a lot of times the word it self is not derogatory but the attitude with it including the attitude of the one hearing it