View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 03:24 PM

The Charity event will begin in a while, this first part is just for fun.

This thread will run for ~six weeks, unless it fizzles.

THE RULES! READ BEFORE YOU PARTICIPATE!

-YOU MUST GIVE BEFORE YOU TAKE. If you say "I want 'x' and ''y" is my offering I will have your reply deleted, and you will not be able to continue in the thread.

-THIS IS NOT AN AUCTION, NOTHING IS FOR SALE. Your gift is just that, a free gift for anyone that has given already. Do not treat it like an auction, you may and are encouraged to show the value of your item, but you can not say "I want .... For it".

-For every item you PIF you may take another's gift, but please keep the value of the item you TAKE roughly equal to the item you GIVE within reason. Ie, do not expect to get a riding lawnmower if you give a matchbox car.

-your items do not have to be claimed before you can take someone else's gift. Do not claim a higher number of gifts than you have given.

-After you have given your item(s) YOU are responsible for ensuring it gets to the person that claims it UNLESS you make it very obvious it has to be picked up. That said;

-PLEASE DO NOT LIST ALL YOUR ITEMS AS 'PICK UP ONLY'. By doing this most of the time you are limiting your audience. The entire point of this thread is to have fun with Members across Canada, not across the back alley.
However, if you have 'an item' that is difficult or maybe too expensive to ship, please make note of it in the thread and we will try alternate methods of delivery to minimize cost to the person generously giving the donation.

-when your item has been claimed, get it on the way to the person that claimed it. Do not wait for your item to get to you before you send your item out. If you feel cheated contact me, NOT THE MODERATORS, they are busy enough. There are always a few people that do not receive their gifts, let's not repeat that this year.

-if you see a PIF that you would like to claim, do so by hitting the quote button for that particular item, and say "I WOULD LIKE TO CLAIM THIS PLEASE". Do NOT claim by using pm, let's keep it in the open.

-try to put up a picture of your gift, if you need help posting pictures I can help. PM me if needed.

WHEN YOUR GIFT HAS BEEN CLAIMED PLEASE DELETE THE PICTURE OFF PHOTOBUCKET

-I will do the thread inventory, I can handle it, and it keeps confusion down.

HAVE FUN!
Please let people know in the other forums if they do not come into general, and let's make the FIFTH year as big a success as the last FOUR!

GO!!!

Now is not the time to tell me you did not receive your gift from last year. You had an entire year to deal with it.