View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
I have been to many places but Ucluelet/Tofino are my favourite. One can take a deep breath and melt into nature 😊

Dodger.
Thanks, that is how I feel as well. I like Port Hardy as well... but I really love Ucluelet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Nice vid Brandon! Cool to see your dad catching coho while you guys are getting the halis. Looks like a lot of fun for sure.

How is that main merc motor treating you?
Yeah it was pretty crazy. Here is the next video it really shows some crazy action how we were having double headers of salmon and halibut over and over. Just crazy fishing. Like fishing in a Barrel out in the middle of the ocean.

As for the Mercury I believe I have over 20 hours on it now. I have just been using it for running to spots. I'll continue to troll with the 9.9 to avoid adding up the hours. The 150 4 stroke Merc is amazing compared to my 150 Merc Optimax. Soooooo much better. Like night and day. I had my whole family out there on the boat. Brother, his wife, my wife, my mom, my dad, myself, my three kids and a full tank of gas (everyone except for the youngest brother) When I tried this before with the Optifail the boat would not even plane and would go a maximum of 9 miles per hour. That really sucked. So I was kind of concerned not powering up, but guys said don't worry it is a night and day difference. Well it totally is. I hope shot with the new motor like nothing and only 3/4 throttle. With everyone on the boat it hits 37 miles per hour... same as if only 2 guys. I usually don't drive any faster than 25 to 28 miles per hour on the ocean anyways. So it runs right around 4000 RPM at that speed. Seems to have a lot better fuel mileage as well. I am super happy with this motor. One of the best things I have bought. I need to get a stainless prop though cause I've just been running the factory 4 blade aluminum painted prop. Kind of sketchy on the ocean if you hit something will not be a smooth ride back. For now it is working great.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures