Thread: kayak fishing
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 11:18 AM

Default Fishing kayak

Glad someone posted about the Hobies. I have a hobie outback, and I LOVE it ! I put the turbo fins and large sailing rudder on mine and the thing just flies along with very little effort. I have it set up now with a fish finder, spot on the front for a Gopro camera, rod holder in front of me, and an anchor trolley. Moving the boat with your feet by pedalling with a rod in my hand, making adjustments with the other hand to the rudder just seemed the only way to move a kayak that made sense to me for fishing. They are a bit pricey, but keep your eyes open on kijiji and you will likely see something come up. I bought my 2009 off kijiji in edmonton last June because the previous owner wanted to move up to a tandem. I have taken my wife fishing in a canoe, and then towed her around in the canoe behind me with the hobie. The stuff that is out there for the Hobies is amazing as well. You can add an electric motor, outriggers, sail, a cover for your legs, an overhead shade, a cart to get to the water, all kinds of things, and those are from the manufacturer! There are lots of other things out there as well. I plan to pick up a pro angler in the next year or two, and set it up as well, look at the Glenmore paddle sports website, they have demo days a couple times a year if you want to try one out.