Thread: Quad Purchase
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:34 PM

I have had a lot of Yamaha Grizzlies... so far the total mileage is a little over 50,000 kms.

Not one drive belt broke or was replaced. Yamaha has a constant tension system that keeps the belt properly tensioned at all times.

Grizzly 600 A/Oil cooled. Items that broke: Exhaust header (common) and went through 3 sets of front brake pads. Sold at 21,000 kms

2005 Grizzly 660, Liquid Cooled. Items that broke: Rear Brake Assy. Traded at 18,000kms

2007 Grizzly 700 Liquid Cooled It
items that broke: 4 sets of brake pads, 1 shock, 1 rear axle 1 faulty rev switch . Quad STOLEN at 9200kms

2014 Grizzly 700. Current mileage: 3800kms. Items that broke: Nothing to date.

I have had other makes of ATV's and There are faster (CAN AM) Tow More (Polaris) get better mileage (Honda) and have a better seat (Kawi and Suzuki)

But no other ATV is lighter in weight with good useable torque that can do it all, and do it reliably.

Also, their 4WD system is the best in the market. PERIOD. None of this 'slip to engage wheels BS' They also have TRUE Differential lock with the push of a button, not a lever!! I know, it's hard to steer when in diff lock, but you do get unstuck! Honda/Popo/Canham/ No diff lock... just limited slip 3/4 wheel drive.

Electrical connections are ALL WEATHERPACK seals from the factory. Polaris/Honda/Artic Cat? NOPE!!!

Look at the driveline... Yamaha has no added u-joints.

Once you own one, you will understand.
They are not the fastest.
They are not the lightest
They are not the most fuel efficient (but pretty close)
That are not the best in comfort (Probably#3)
They cannot tow the highest.

But they DO have the best all-around machine.