View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Thanks for this info. I just want to clarify something if you don't mind. I have a humminbird 688 CI HD with down imaging. I have the Navionics hot maps premium Canada. I'm guessing this card won't work but I will call them to confirm. If I do buy the new card will it work in my particular sonar? It obviously has the SD card slot and GPS… Sorry for asking but may be a stupid question but live charting intrigues me like crazy
Tyler
You have a Humminbird unit.

The Navionics Sonarcharts Live is compatible with only Lowrance, Raymarine and Simrad.

Your Navionics card itself, however, will work just fine in your unit - you can see the maps - you just can't record to/from your hummingbird unit.

Your unit, which is a great mid level unit, also simply doesn't possess the data processing potential found in higher end units. The bigger units have more brains. They can also be updated with far more new technology compared to the limitations of mid market units. That's why people pay the extra bucks for them.

All the companies providing "live mapping or charting" limit this technology to the more expensive higher end units. This is true of Lowrance, Humminbird, Simrad and Raymarine. It's clever marketing to grt you to upgrade or buy a more expensive unit.