View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
If you want a boat for rougher water they aren’t the best because for the most part the ride on top of the water. I haven’t been out in really rough stuff but I’ve been in enough boats to know they wouldn’t be a lot of fun. I’ve been through sections of rapids on the Athabasca where there was 3’ of chop and I made it through but the guy in the front of the boat wasn’t having a fun time. But, they can run in 4” of water all day and make it through sections only a few inches deep.

I ran one of the local rivers late last August and through to November when there was very little water in it and I was one of the only boats on it. I did see other boats but never 2 days in a row and one guy would have spent a few bucks replacing Teflon after following me for a ways…

I sold my 380 in the fall after hitting/scraping bottom a few hundred times and the hull was still in excellent shape and it didn’t have the heavy-duty bottom on it. I have a new 420 Solar Expedition with all the extras for this year.

Also wondering if you can trailer these boats? Also wondering what size would be needed to pack 2 guys and some gear? The maximum weight capacity looks impressive but wondering about the issue when you get into the 40hp four strokes the engines weigh a lot and become a 2 man job to move them around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk