View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:12 PM

There have been a ton of good used aluminum 16ft boats coming up on kijiji. If you watch it close you make get an amazing deal. I have seen 2008 crestliner fish hawk with 90hp fully loaded on there for 10,000. Some really good deals if you catch them.

Take your time, dont rush, go and do the footwork and look at the details, specs, measurements and what they all mean and do differently from one motor to another and one boat to another. As well as storage options and layouts. And then of course money. A word of caution try to hit the sweet spot because the bigger/heavier/expensive the boat the more maitenance, and upkeep there is which may make you hesitate for going fishing as many times as you might if it was a bit smaller and easier to deal with etc. So really try vision how many people/weight, size of lakes, roughness of water youre comfortable in, and speed you want to be able to travel, as well as stability. They all play a part and may point you to the best option. My preference like i said is crestliner/envinrude, but i also like alumacraft/yamaha.

I also took a look at the trailer axel capacity and tire size/type. The dealers normally load them so close to the max limits they should be that they will cause you issues. Not a bad idea to have a look into that a little bit while you are already bargaining for everything else. Thing to look at are axel max weight for your total rig plus anything you may want in the boat while you are pulling it, and tire type/size. The rest im not so sure about to be honest.

Once again good luck - super exciting.