Thread: 7mm Rem Mag
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helluvahunter View Post
Well I strongly suggest that "The Real Gunsmith must be an absolute liar on his experience with the 7mm. Thanks catnthehat and Elkhunter11and Dick284 and Chuck for pointing this out or I would have never known. The true gurus of the gun and cartridge world. Thank you very much for educating all of us that this guy must know absolutely nothing about the 7mm or anything gun related for that matter after watching your 45 seconds of video. After all he has built some of the most accurate rifles out there but hey what would he know. The velocity he is getting with 160gr bullets well the pressures just got to be EXACTLY 75,000-80,000psi because catnthehat, elkhunter11, and dick284 said so so it's just got to be right right ? After all you guys are educated gunsmiths with at least 10-20-30-50 years experience building and developing custom loads under your belts right fellas ? Coming from a guy who praises the 303 he's gotta know what he's talking about right ? Or dick284 who quotes just about everything that catnthehat says as being the gospel truth. Elk hunter speaks a lot of sence on here and he is a .284 guy such as myself and knows a lot of the caliber but to post what you said was just ignorant. Catnthehat you would further your knowledge if you watched more than 45 seconds of his videos I guarantee. Do any of you guys build custom rifles ? I know by reading posts that some of you custom reload for others but do you actually in reality know everything there is to know about rifles chambers bullets pressures and powders ? See this is the thing right here if catnthehat says omg dont do that most people **** themselves and dont do it. If dick284 says omg the pressure has to be 80,000psi well its just got to be true. The problem here is that most everyone has put these guys on a pedestal like they are the ONLY ones to ask about anything gun related. The moment you think that you are the smartest guy at any certain thing only makes you the dumbest. Im not saying anyone of you is dumb so quit thinking like a liberal and cuddling your unicorn doll extra tight. All I am saying is this. Do you or anyone think that "The Real Gunsmith" is going to put his business in jeopardy by saying that he is getting such and such velocity out of a certain bullet out of his CUSTOM made rifles to hurt people ? Ummm I think not or he would be out of business in a hurry. Which leads to the fact that he has only been building rifles for quite a while. Ps Watch a video or 2 and you'll most likely learn something. Pps I'm sure all the kissasses will chime in as well.
If those 160gr 3200fps loads of his are within SAAMI specs, why don't the manufacturers such as Nosler, Sierra, Speer, Hodgdons and Alliant list loads that achieve those velocities? Those manufacturers have access to resources such as actual pressure testing equipment, and their loads are not even making 3100fps. Why do you suppose that is? I am sorry, but physics works the same for everyone, so the only way that you can reach those velocities, with those components, is to exceed the SAAMI pressure standards. Yes you may get away with this for a while, without catastrophic failure, but then again, at any time metal fatigue can result in a failure that damages the firearm, and injures the shooter.