View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 PM

There is a push and from what I’ve heard it is coming from FNAWS to change some policies with regards to general sheep tags. If any of you know some contacts at FNAWS start asking I would suggest that APOS has something to do with it as well.

Word also is that there is “nothing” wrong with the herd with respect to numbers or numbers harvested.

Small problem is that they are having trouble convicting anyone on short sheep mostly due to a lawyer that figured out how to fight it and win. Anyone with any ethics or spine would bite the bullet and face the consequences if they made the mistake of shooting a short ram but some find they need validation regardless. The suggestion for a draw fixes this problem because there would be “no” size or age requirement.

Second problem we don’t have enough of our biologists that are hunters. There was a good piece on this in the AFGA centennial book. This then means to solve a problem hunters are not a top three priority for them. You want to have an impact on this contact your nearest SRD biologist and voice your concerns.

If there is truly a problem I’m sure a reasonable solution can be found that doesn’t start with a draw, but to that I also hear we may get a chance to voice our concerns as there will probably be a travelling road show put on by SRD to gather information coming soon.

Talk to your local Biologist.