View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo gulo View Post
I for one would be quite upset if sheep went to a draw or the five year wait. Why should the residents of the province be the ones who's get restricted? The outfitters with the time,manpower and money have a much higher success rate than the residents as previously shown. If less rams are killed by residents through these restictions, then I'm quite sure the non-resident success would be even higher. The end result would be a similiar amount of sheep killed every year, only less killed by residents. Why should the resident hunters who pay taxes in the province all year be the ones who get restricted?? If there is too many sheep being harvested the non-residents should be restricted first (less tags, shorter season). I think we are missing this important point.

SG Feel free to climb up the mountain with your Nikon and be bear bait if that makes you happy. I will take the 300 and go hunting because that is what makes me happy. Cheers
. Gotta agree with you there, if our opportunities to get a ram go down, it should be after the non-residents opportunity is zero. But I don't think sheep outfitters success rate will go up if it goes to a draw or five year wait, seems they do pretty well, and work hard for it, first guys in the mountains and last ones out.