View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat01 View Post
No doubt Competition is great for Consumer pricing / Service . However there have been many Outdoor / Firearm retailers Out in Eastern Canada that have done a great job at taking up the slack . Just look at some of Black Friday deals online . My attitude is compete or get out . Who doesn’t check online prices prior to a large purchase nowadays. Wholesale was hit or miss for Customer Service , and I thought their pricing was fair for the most part . I do however feel empathetic for the Staff that have been effected .
I agree with you, it seems that "mail order" is really taking off lately. Best deal I've got lately was from Tenda. I do like to look at things before I buy though, so one step forward, one step back lol. Personally I never found the service at WS in Calgary all that bad, with a few exceptions, and I'm a pretty long term customer. I never had to use them for mail order, and as a walk in customer, I usually knew what I wanted and didn't need help, other than to fetch ammo or write up a few firearms sales. I've certainly heard the bad service stories though. You're right about the staff, it's too bad that they are looking for new jobs.