View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 07:46 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

Well the bow I was set up (Stinger)with was not the right one for me. Unfortunatly Draw length was not suitable for me. However I was able to return the stinger to wss and went down to the Calgary Achery Center. Brian Down there set me up with the X-force Vendetta. He then took did the set up on my bow for me from Dloop to sights and so on. Then he took me down to the range and taught me my stance, hold point and stuck around giving me tips until my three arrows where 1" apart within 4" of the bullseye.(20 yards) I was very happy with the service down there and will go there again lot's.
So last week I set up my own range down at my shop/office and let about 300 shots go. Wow-I'm sore lol. So yesterday it was just to nice to be in front of the desk so I picked up some of the Claw looking arrow heads and headed out to some land I have permission on.
I was ecstatic when at 25-30yards I split a gopher in half- not with my first shot but my first bow kill ever. woop woop. I went on in the next two or so hours to get a total of 6 gophers at between 15 and 40yrds. I am not sure why but I feel more comfortable shooting at 35-40 yrds the at 15-20.
I know I drempt last night about putting an arrow through a whitetail so I am pumped for the season. Like a trout on the bow, I'm definately HOOKED