View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 PM

What’s more colorful the Mrs. collection of lost/found golf ball or my W/W’s ????

Came up with a few different patterns that may or may not work, I’m running out of ideas and colors, tried to make a few combo’s with a “Twist”.

Orange & Brown – used Cat 5 wire I got at Cdn Tire.

Diamond honing steel ideal for sharp hooks.

Brown & Yellow & Twist

Yellow & Red & Twist – Don’t like the heavier Yellow wire, will keep lookin for some thinner dia.

I tie 2 W/W’s on each rod, use 6 or 8 lb Floro leader material approx. 5 ft long & tie it to a mini barrel swivel to 10 lb braded line. I tie the top hook first approx. 12-14” from bottom, start the line through the hooks “Eye” facing up not down, then tie your knot, I use the double Trilene knot.

Tip – To get your W/W to sit Horizontal with the hook up after you tie the knot ….. loop the line back through the eye from the top going down through the eye and you will always have it sitting perfectly Horizontal .... see.

I tie the bottom W/W next, approx. 10 – 12” below the top hook and use a toothpick to get a nice small tight loop & tie a double Trilene knot.

Dec 11th “Line Up” … 1st , 2nd & 3rd String, going to give the Stampeders G-Cup champs a try & a couple of my most productive patterns will back them up. For those wondering, I got the "Green" glow beads from the Fishin Hole, Mr White sure likes them.

I ran out of high end hooks & using Mustard S82-3906B in 3XH/2XL Size "8" which is used as a Nymph hook.

Hope some of the info/pics are helpful.

Cheers

David

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 12-06-2018 at 08:05 PM.