View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
If you did any research at all you would have found right on their website that it say they can be used in pellet bbq

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
If I did any research at all... Please!!! Only months of researching almost every smoker available in North America, all pellets available at retailers and you are the only guy that recommends a pellet made and designed for wood stoves, not pellet grills. Are you truly smarter than the millions of people using all other pellets on the market that are intended for cooking with? Tell us why there are no people other than you (on this site or any BBQ site, let alone the BBQ competitions) that are promoting your amazing wood stove pellets? Don't you find it kind of odd that 99% of Canawiks advertising is all about providing a heating pellet and then basically in the fine print at the bottom of the page they mention you can use it in a BBQ. I'm sure you can but when the company itself says their product hasn't been tested for human consumption and then you basically tell me and everyone else we are idiots... I'm sure if they were legit, there would be many BBQ enthusiasts raving about the money savings and how great these pellets are.
But I'm never going to eat your cooking so knock yourself out, enjoy your cooking on your cheap heating pellets.

Sorry to the original poster, this has been a major hijack to your original question and I am done about the pellet saga.

If it means anything, a majority of the pellet smokers that were at the PorkaPallooza BBQ competition this wkd in Edm were Yoders. The Grand Champion team used drum smokers with charcoal/wood.
There were a few other pellet grills that included Traegar, LG, GMG, Rec Tec and camp chef from what I know, likely others too. Many other charcoal pits were used as well including webers, Oklahoma Joes, Green Eggs, Kamados etc.
But I can guarantee you that there was not 1 bag of Canawik pellets used in this competition...