View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 02:10 PM

at start up the GMG heats up to 150F then you can set to whatever temp you need.
at start up the Silverbac goes to 350F before it'll heat or cool to the desired temp. This seems silly to me as it just adds a lot on the start up time and many times you don't even want it that high in the first place. I need to talk to Grilla to see if this can be changed.

On the GMG when you push the probe button on the controller it'll stay on until you push it again to go to cooking temp.

On Silverbac you push the probe button and it shows the probe temp for 5 seconds then goes back to cooking temp. The GMG is better because you don't have to go outside to check where the probe temp is. I found it handy to be able to look out the window at the GMG especially in winter.

The GMG seems like there's a lot more height in the cooking area which can come in handy.

The GMG has an alarm that goes off when pellets are low.

GMG is a little quieter

The things i like about the Grilla is the robust build, the cooking grate is way heavier, the pellet hopper is bigger. The storage under the Silverbac is nice.

I must say that i just started cooking with the Silverbac so this is my first impression basically.

If i went back to a GMG i would make a heavier grate like the Silverbac's.

Happy Smokin!