View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Look at H322 and H4198. I use a case full of WC735 under all bullets I bought to try. Works well with a rem 7.5 primer. WC735 is similar in speed to H322 and H4198. (Check the speed of reloader 10, as it may be close and work as well)

In my mind, Lil'gun might be too reactive of a powder to use in that small of a cartridge. I have a bottle of it, but haven't used it.

The Hornady seating die is quite nice. The seater drops out of the die to allow you to get the bullet into it without pinching your fingers.

I haven't used a bushing die on that case, but I was looking for a lee collet die for that cartridge a few years ago.

I'm still shooting out factory ammo that I bought for the cases, as the factory ammo was cheaper to buy than new brass at the time.

I haven't had problems with the primer pockets of the older brass with gold primers.
^that's interesting. I'd love to see what that looks like. I'll hit Google later today. (unless you can post a few photos?)

Thanks for the Remington primer info too~noted. Curious as to why that primer is more closely associated with 17 Hornet than CCI seems to be. Odd. However, if it's the one to use..I'll try to track some down. Glad I held-off on the RCBS dies I saw @ Cabela's last night. $99 for the FL size+seating, so not a great price anyway.