View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
To extend your proposal of progressive tax rates, why not just have 1% rate jumps for every $10K over your proposed base of $40k?

ie. If you make $50K, you pay 1% of the extra $10K, or $100 in income tax. If you make $60K you pay 1% of the first $10K and 2% of the next $10K for a total of $300. If you make $100K, you pay a total of $2100, if you make $150K you pay $6600 and so on up to a max rate of $95% at $1million. Above $1million, you pay $9500 of every $10K you make

General question: Does it bug you that the company you work for pays less income tax than you do? And they can write off stuff prior to taxation that you and I have to pay for after we're taxed.
I dont believe in a progressive tax. After the base amount I think what you earn should be taxed the same no matter the amount. A progressive tax again encourages people not to be productive.

As for companies getting tax writeoffs, no I dont like most of them. The only one I really like is the charitable donations as I feel those help to reduce the need for government resources. I'd like to see companies have a flat tax with the only write off being charitable donations. Same as a personal tax.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill