View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:57 PM

Everyone wants high quality but they also want it for pennies. Most people aren't willing to spend the extra bucks for quality hence why these companies have gone to producing products that are only just good enough.

That said the insulated Eskimos are pretty good. They can break poles or hubs(but usually that is due to operator error/poor handling) and they can have minor tearing around grommets etc(again often due to the way handled and stored) but they will last you for multiple years if taken care of and 10+ years probably wouldn't be crazy depending how often you use it. Not sure how you arrived at 1-2 years of use unless you plan on abusing it. The non insulated versions are a bit more fragile(as is pretty obvious just looking at the material) but are noticeably cheaper as well.

Otter tents might be a bit more durable based on what I have read and product specs but you pay more for them and they are harder to get as well as harder to find to get parts and service for.

I would get that 949i in a heartbeat as I think it is a very good quality tent at that price point. If you break a pole or hub you can usually get them locally(Fishin Hole usually has some in stock and other stores might as well) and if you have any other major issues Eskimo has great customer service and will take care of you.