View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 01:12 AM
Banned

Default tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NayNay View Post
Shoot mechanicals because you want to, not because you have to.

If your fixed blade broad heads don't have the same POI as your field points you are just masking the problem with mechanicals. They might shoot the same as your field points but more than likely they won't be flying very straight/efficiently down range. This will lead to the "darn mechanicals failed to penetrate" thread.

Lots of info on tuning here the last couple months. Another good read is the kitchen sink tuning method by nuts&bolts on archerytalk.

If you aren't able to do this yourself go into a knowledgeable archery shop (don't wait until August 24 to do this, they really dislike those kind of people) and get them to help you.

Few things to check right off the get go for me would be grip/form, draw length is correct, arrow spine is correct, center shot, timing, excessive cam lean. Any one of these will cause huge problems when you go to broad head tune.
My bow and all 18 arrows were super tuned at Jimbows. So what are you suggesting? 18 arrows shooting through a dime, and the mechanical are yielding the same results. Am I missing something you are trying to suggest?