View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I don't think it's the powers that be. Albertan's seem to want to kill fish even though it's not sustainable. I wish summer fishing for whites would catch on, it would ease a lot of pressure off of other species.
I'm in agreement with you about Albertans need to kill anything of legal size to eat, even though I can't wrap my head around it, especially since as you said our fisheries can't sustain it. However, I think a ton of the blame has to fall onto the people managing our fisheries and allowing us to keep 3 pike over 63cm( should be 1 any size in most lakes), 5 trout of any size(should be none under a certain size and/or 1 over 50cm) or walleye over 50cm( should be under 43cm).
As for the whites it's starting to catch on and soon we will have much lower limits and less fish just as we do now with Burbot as that has caught on. People will just keep switching target species to match what they can legally eat & when my kids grow up it will be a province of strictly C&R fishing. It's quite sad actually.