View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_spec View Post
Yes we make mistakes, we break the rules. I can take a hit trust me. But is it really reasonable to bring someone to court, seize their weapon. Try to take their hunting rights for 2 years, try to fine them 3000$ only because I let my dad driving the truck to the other side of the damn field and let him walk to his blind by himself? God damn, you guys talk like I’m the worst human being on earth.
Poor me, I screwed up and when I got called on it and held responsible they’re trying to ruin my life. Get over yourself!

You realize that if your father is a non resident one way to help ensure he shows for his court date is to Seize something as collateral in this case the firearm? Not to mention the evidentiary value that a firearm was involved. You violate an 87 code in Montana and I can seize anything used in the commission(rifle pack optics boots clothes vehicle boat atv Etc...) of that violation, have you post bond on the spot or just take you to jail. Sounds like giving you a court date and seizing a rifle is just par for the course.

As far as the fine and suspension that’s not set by the officer that’s set by law and is generally lists the max punishment which rarely gets enforced unless you are a habitual offender or don’t show any remorse. I wish we could set the punishment for some of the “winners” out there. It would help solve the problem owe have with frequent fliers....

I also love how whenever someone gets caught the first thing they do is point out all the other people they see violating the law... because we all know pointing out someone else’s crime will clear me of mine.