Thread: Flu Shots
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Default Some Background

I have in fact in the past had my flu shot. If I remember correctly that last shot I had was my H1N1. I understand the science behind it and think that it is sound. I have had my polio shot and other such shots you get as a child and I am thankful that the shots I got as a child may have saved my life.

The last year I was vaccinated for the flu is the last time I did in fact come down with the flu and It wasn't a pleasant experience. I got my shot in October of that year and around Christmas of that year I got sick. As others in this discussion have mentioned the flu shot does not protect you against all strains of the virus, and this is one of the reasons I no longer take the shot.

My wife works in health care. She issues shots to animals. She has seen a rise in sarcoma's at injection sites and has seen a rise in the number of amputations as a result. She does not get flu shots. She is intelligent, well educated person with experience with vaccines.

My Family doctor has not gotten his flu shot this year. My Chiropractor does not get flu shots. Both of these men are very intelligent and well educated and have made a decision based on the science.

Flu shots have their merits, they can protect you against the virus, I dont dispute this. They do have negative consequences as well. Others on this discussion have mentioned Guillain–Barré syndrome, there is also evidence that they can cause narcolepsy. I think that the risk of these consequences outweighs the chance that i might come down with the flu. I am a middle age healthy person who should be able to live through the flu. If my health status changes and I will reconsider getting my flu shot.

Until that time I just ask that people stay the hell out of my life and not make me out to be some kind of idiot for making an informed decision or brand me as a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.
Thank you