View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. So long as I don't need to jack every round out with the bolt the floorplate is doing its job.

But I do agree with the other poster, putting in less shells might improve things. My Ruger feeds awesome too, but it can get a little picky on how the rounds are stacked when one try's to load the mag full as well as the chamber. I typically only put in 4 rounds, cause that's more than enough and I've never had a feeding issue that way.
I just had some laughable idea that i could try my hawkeye out in a prs competition and maybe upside down loading could be a quick reload. I love the ruger hawkeye for lots of reasons, one is how big the feeding port is and im very fast at top loading. Even with extreme thick gloves on at -15*C its big enough to click rounds in through the port. Ive dropped more rounds in the snow trying to juggle holding my detachable magazine rifles plus the detachable mag in my hands and trying to top up rounds from the other hand.