View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
I just had some laughable idea that i could try my hawkeye out in a prs competition and maybe upside down loading could be a quick reload. I love the ruger hawkeye for lots of reasons, one is how big the feeding port is and im very fast at top loading. Even with extreme thick gloves on at -15*C its big enough to click rounds in through the port. Ive dropped more rounds in the snow trying to juggle holding my detachable magazine rifles plus the detachable mag in my hands and trying to top up rounds from the other hand.
Yep, maybe the reason I've never considered top loading any kind of chore, is that the majority of my rifles have been some form of Mauser action... big loading ports on pretty much all of them.

My Ruger was my favored hunting rifle for many years, its probably taken a half dozen moose, 30 or more deer, and a couple elk. I found that once one is accustom to the "industrial grade" feel of a Ruger, many rifles tend to feel like toys. Rugers are just so rugged and over engineered, as a guy who's built and repaired industrial equipment my whole life I always liked that.