View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canishunter22-250 View Post
Positrac,

Interesting what you say about the reverse buckets. I was already pondering pulling mine off simply because it seems like it would be the first thing to be smashed off.

Where do you source the intakes? I have my aluminum one smashed up a bit already so I figure my next one should be a little more forgiving.

Thanks for all the great info you've added to this thread.
The first one I had was a Vezdehod poly intake that I bought through Cycle North in Prince George. It was a pretty heavy duty intake that I hit hundreds of times without hurting it. The intake itself is a bit larger than a stock aluminum intake and the bars are tough to beat up. They last way longer than stock before getting all bent up but are also thicker so despite the intake being slightly bigger there probably isn’t any more water going in it because of the thicker bars. Having a bigger intake with larger surface area seemed to help lift the arse of the boat up just like a trim tab would. Not as pronounced but it did seem to help over stock. The thing I didn’t like about the intake was it was flat on the mounting surface and didn’t have the locating spigot like a stock intake. Being polyurethane when you tightened the mounting bolts it always wanted to pull one way or the other so it was tough to get a tight impeller to liner clearance. You can buy a liner with a spigot out of Russia for this intake but I never did. That would help locate the intake and would stop it from moving when tightening the mounting bolts.

My new poly intake is a Jet Wolfe that I ordered straight out of Russia through EBay. I have a buddy with one and it works well. It was also $150 cheaper than the Vezdehod. It isn’t quite as robust as the Vezdehod but it does have the locating spigot like a stock intake which help to get a close liner to impeller clearance. Bars are heavier than a stock intake too and it is slightly larger than stock but not quite as big as the Vezdehod.

Now that getting stuff out of Russia is tough I’m not sure where a guy could get one. Stock in BC and Alberta has all but dried up over the last 6 months.