View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieB View Post
Well this is my fourth year of hunting and 3rd year of tag soup, it just comes down to being one of the lucky few...right time right place....even if you put in hours and hours of scouting it does improve your likelihood but nothing when hunting is a “sure shot.” last year I spent to 30+ days in the woods never had a chance to connect with anything, but talked to people who told me a moose or whitetail had just come out of the bush not 5 minutes prior and I had a tag for both.

this year started a new job just before the hunting season so had little time to get out, on the days i did I have ran into people gutting deer but haven’t Come across one myself yet, and probably won’t....but it just makes me want to go out scouting for next year that much more.
Just keep fighting the long battle and when you do finally connect it will be worth the wait.
This is my 13th year hunting, I'm familiar with tag soup. Had many years where it just didn't happen. Also had years where I get two or three deer. Last five years that I've been working in ft Mac, I have only shot two deer. My biggest frustration is that with the exception of one muley doe draw, I have yet to kill any of my special draws. That includes cow elk, mule buck (twice), and bull moose (maybe twice), unless I fill my tag in the next two days. It is getting frustrating. Burning up 5 years or more of waiting, just to not fill the tag! And it's not for lack of trying, I just haven't been in the right place at the right time yet. One day I'll get lucky!