View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Well I think I would agree with him if you were buying a half ton diesel but working it like you should have a 1 ton diesel... This isn't a truck made for regular heavy duty work. it is more the truck for someone who uses their half ton truck like a half ton truck that occasionally needs to crossover some towing services here and there.

Like anything, it is about getting the right tool for the job. Trying to make a crescent wrench work for heavy duty equipment mechanics main tool is never a good idea.
You shouldn't need a HD truck to pull a 4000lb trailer...3812lbs actually...I weighed it on certified scales. It is a very tall enclosed trailer to haul my lifted & tracked Ranger around. The wind resistance kills it more than the weight.

The truck is rated to tow just under 10,000lbs. I have a $1,700 AirLift Wireless One air bag system on it as well as these trucks are known to squat bad with light loads. But if you look at the fuel records, you'll see the truck sat most of last summer. I got so fed up with it that I pulled my LB7 Duramax Dually out anytime there was any work to do.

Again, it's a car with a box on the back. If you're "someone who uses their half ton truck like a half ton truck that occasionally needs to crossover some towing services here and there" don't waste your money on the 3.0 Duramax. Buy a gasser and save some money. My 6.2 Sierra tows easily as good as my 3.0 Duramax...it just makes more noise when under load. If you're trying to justify the 3.0 Duramax for towing, then you should be getting a proper HD anyways. YMMV