View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 PM
AO Sponsor

Well, another day is in the books and fishing was once again fantastic. Our secret hot spot was cool this morning (got unreal in afternoon my buddy [only other one who knows about it] told me, so I decided to anchor up for some hali and that paid off quickly. Within 20min a 90lb hali in the boat, then limited with a 30 and 35 shortly there after, plus some yelloweye bycatch. Found new bottomfish hole where my bud caught over 25 bottomfish in only an hour...yelloweye (red snapper) up the yang as well as lingcod.

So after getting our hali my guests said they just wanted their remaining salmon, so I ran to another spot I know produces well, and what do you know, 7 Chinook between 24lbs and 34lbs in only an hour and a half, lost 3 and missed 4 more as well. Great fishing. Thats whats so good about fishing with us in Port Hardy, there will always be one of our spots that are on fire, because we have several, and most have salmon from different runs than the others (WCVI & Wash Oregon, Mainland Inlet runs, Rivers Inlet/Smith Inlet runs etc). Here are some pictures,

There could of easily been another 24 (12 Ling, 12 snapper) bottomfish caught as well, wouldn't of taken long, but these guys said they didn't need any more white meat.

Double Header to end day, 26lbs and 28lbs

Box full of fish, halibut underneath

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast

Last edited by Serengeti Charters; 07-09-2011 at 09:23 PM.