View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
It's 25 Ling, 24 Snapper, and 16 Chinook. Forgot to tell story of getting fish back from sea lion, the sea lion was coming straight at boat and i knew we had to horse fish in, so i told the guy to go for it, he did, then zzzzzzzzzzzzz, clearly the bugger grabbed the fish, so I ran to the helm and floored the boat right towards the line to get over top of the sea lion and scare the **** out of him, it worked, he let go, i grabbed the rod and reeled like hell, next thing I know I see a salmon body with no head (4th back on right), then the sea lion coming up from deep only 3ft down, my guest netted the fish and hit the sea lion on head with net as he did it, and i yelledat it, it swam about 4 ft behind boat and just stared at us snorting, clearly mad. He was HUGE!!!! Sea lions are big, but this was a BIG bull...it was crazy to see him like that, then when we were bottomfishing another sea lion grabbed a red snapper from my dad peeled off 15 yards of line then let go!!! haha What a day!
Nice that you won!!! Suprised you didn't loose a net!!
Last year dad had a big spring on and a bull grabbed it ..... That' SOB was thrashing on the top of the water took the flasher and the whole nuts next time I'm spinning the boat and going after it

Did you have to move or did he **** off?