Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&C_Coach View Post
And my latest find was a whole bunch of Macallan 21...had to grab one and it will sit for a special occasion!
Smart move grabbing that 21, I put a couple of those away a few years back (and a 25 as well)....what is the 21 going for now? I haven't seen any on a shelf in a while, stock is pretty much gone on the Fine Oak stuff.

We have a group here that gets together a couple times a year, the Quarter Cask Club, and we met last night to celebrate my 50th. The portions got pretty generous by the end of the night, but it was a fine affair. I took my bottle of the 21 year old Balvenie Portwood out for the gang, and none of it made it home, it was appreciated completely.... There were 10 of us there, so not too bad actually. There was a 12 year old Auchentoshen to start, then a 12 year old Dalmore, both very good! A couple Ardbegs later on, the Balvenie Caribbean cask as well...Jura Superstition.....I don't remember what else off hand. But it was a good night. Wouldn't want to do that too often though, my check liver light was blinking a bit this morning....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone