Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
I really enjoy scotch, lately I found something a bit different that I recommend you all try, it's called Connemara! It is the only peated Irish whiskey, it is very flavorful, and quit a bit thinner then any scotch I've sipped, a bargain at $60-$70 a bottle. The scotch I drink is a bit more expensive, usually $150-$250 a bottle, and the friends I've shared it with have been under the impression that, this is what they have been drinking (Irish whiskey of the same caliber), everyone I've shared with, has either purchased a bottle, or contacted m later on,, inquiring, as to were they can get one!
Well this thread has been gone way too long! So I am in Edmonton for a couple days to get the car serviced and stored, and stopped by Wine & Beyond while I was down by cabelas. I remembered the recommendation about the peated Irish Whisky, Connemara, looked for it and lo and behold it was even on sale today for $60! A Sign! So I picked one up and I am mightily impressed. Very soft on the palate, great nose, and a perfect blend of sweet and peat. Going to be a staple in my cabinet I think. Thanks for the recommendation morinj, I really like it a lot. TC edit* also, it won a gold medal at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. I agree!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170925_211306.jpg (56.0 KB, 40 views)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-25-2017 at 09:47 PM.