Thread: gevarm .22LR
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5 View Post
I have one and it shoots really well. The hot bolt set-up is kinda weird but that raised ridge that runs down the bolt face is your firing pin so it creases the entire back end of the case, I have never had a round not go off when I pull the trigger. I have even taken the shells my buddies 10-22's and others FTF and run them through it (probably not the best thing to do but I had to see if it would work) and it fires them first try. The only bad thing about it is the lack of an extractor, mine gives me a lot of stove pipe jams. I have the iron sights on it and it shoots well with them but I put a cheap little scope on it using the narrow rail that's machined into the top and it is great. Mine breaks in two if you remove the bolt in the end of the foregrip and holds zero when re-assembled. I only have 1 mag for it and have never come across any to buy.
I have to agree with tangokilo, for the cost of a 10/22 or some of the others out there I would just buy something you can easily get parts and mags for. It's a neat gun but not the greatest design and ejection reliability is kinda low. I think they used to make 15 or 20 round mags for it but good luck finding one.
I replaced mine with a Rem 597 VTR and after installing a Volquartzen extractor and an M4 6 position stock I am very happy with it.

Good luck whichever route you take.

Sounds like an E1