Thread: Cnn trophy
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Wondering just why you find that "sad"?
I think it rather fitting myself, and I've been over there a few times.
System works, and works well...

Wondering...
Nog

Sad that the only thing keeping many of these animals alive is the coin brought in by foreign hunters. You'd think they'd have more than just money as a reason but since they can't get a grip on poaching it's the only alternative.

Would be no different than Alberta keeping the elk and moose populations going so hunters from the U.S. and the rest of the world could come and hunt them for big coin. If you don't see a conflict there then I don't know what to say.

Only a privileged few would be hunting them is the short answer. Are you ok with that?

I'm all for whatever it takes to keep the animals in Africa from becoming extinct but the sole reasoning here is what's suspect.

Also...although I GET it, I'm not so sure I agree with many of the animals being raised in captivity, yes I know they're still pretty much wild, then let go a week or two ahead of the hunts. That's sad too, because if they cared enough to manage their wildlife properly there would be enough to support hunting the fully wild versions.