Thread: Keystone XL
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryDan View Post
My dad works for Enbridge. There’s lots of pipelines being built (most expanding on existing pipelines). The ones that aren’t being built are ones that hit the media. Which are typically ones being built to move “dirty tar sands”.
Yup. Keystone hasn’t really been a huge factor for the last few years. Especially now that TMX construction is running flat out. It’s almost nice, KXL keeps the spotlight of attention on itself which allows the rest to be built/expanded without nearly as much opposition.

Now, the fact that Kenney spent $1.5b of taxpayer money (holy **** imagine how that money could have helped elsewhere???) on this project really ****ing ****es me off. There was always substantial risk that if Biden were elected, that he would cancel it. It happened time and time again during Obama’s presidency with Biden as VP. Yet Kenney greenlit this idea to dump that much into it. Just absolutely pathetic risk mgmt but they don’t care because none of the UCP cares about Alberta, and especially not Kenney.