Thread: New 39 hrs
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
I'm super fortunate that I grew up in the Canadian Shield, in a small town that is basically an island (you cross a bridge to get into it) surrounded by the Winnipeg River (where Jay/Aaron were going for sturgeon last night). That Barrier Bay place Aaron/Jay stayed at in last night's ep is a 10 minute boat ride from my hometown via the Wpg River. It's a ridiculous fishery (and that's just the Wpg River!) with trophy walleye, pike, bass, mooneye/goldeye, whitefish, sucker and sturgeon that can get up around 75lbs. When we were kids, we were so spoiled with that fishery. We'd ride our bikes over to the shoreline that surrounded the town, and hop into our boat (virtually everyone owned a boat) and take off down the river. It runs from mighty Lake Winnipeg on one end, out to Lake Of The Woods on the other end. We'd rip up and down a stretch of 50km's or so, targeting whatever we felt like that day.

It's definitely different in West-Central AB...ha ha ha. I've never been so land-locked in all my life!

I two grew up their in kenora on lake 9f the woods we were really spoiled. Dont forget the wpg river has some monster burbot up stream of their.