View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

So what was the CO's perspective? He did a routine check for fishing licenses and one fella didn't have one. Although he didn't see the fella fishing it was reasonable to think that he may have. That night while doing a patrol he hears a generator going during quiet hours and he's attracted to it like a bug to a light. While there he asks to see your buddy's fishing license that he was told earlier in the day was in his truck. Your buddy refuses to show it because he doesn't have to. That move was just dumb on your buddy's part. If you have nothing to hide then why not cooperate and show it? The generator going during quiet time and the refusal to show the license (uncooperative) would have been enough to make my mind up about you and in my mind not paying for your site would not have been out of the question for something that you'd do.

If it were me I would have taken the time to go back to the campsite, get my license and track the CO down to show him that I had one. I probably would have told him about putting the payment for my site in the wrong box in order to avoid what happened to you. If you want to be shown respect then you have to show respect and doing something like that could have saved you some perceived mistreatment later on.

Chalk it up to a lesson in life and let it go. The CO did what he's paid to do and the complaint won't go anywhere anyway. You'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar........Live and learn.