View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Adam .. its really no big deal .. you caught you first walleye and on the fishing licence .. you know your buddy could of got it that evening.. he got his reg and ins.. fishing licence was right there.. proper etiquette would be get it then and smile..

on the Generator yep your bad .. but then they didn't ticket you which they could of.. so you win this time and you new that when they came over..i know people that had 4 hours to leave campground..

Also on the boat thing did you have more than one rod in boat? he could of asked for your boating licence and check you for every thing from anchor and life jackets,, to throwing boy,, bailing bucket,barb hook on rod used.etc and wasted a hour of your time.. he didn,t

on the money yep he made a mistake thinking that you would put it in the box closest to your campsite.. but hey he just let you off..soooo .. you can choose to get all work up in life over small things or you can say next time i will not run my generator after 11 and i will be quite after 11 ..you stressed him and your buddy did more .. give him a break ,he may be new and had a bad day... you ever had them bad days with mouthy people. not saying that you were mouthy but its a big campground ..he gave you a break twice (boat & generator)

and we will have our fishing licences on us at all times when fishing esp when there is more than one rod in boat..i have had to produce later in National Park(ticketed to produce in 60 days)and i was not fishing, trolling with three rods out for three people but had 4 rods in boat..

all in all you had a great camping trip and fishing was ok and you got your first Walleye.. and this incendent should be forgot ,its no big deal imo

David
To answer a few questions:

-There was only one rod and tackle box in the boat, the other was at camp along with the licence.

-My boat has everything needed in it from life jackets, anchor, bail bucket, floating life line..etc..

-And yes, my buddy could have got the licence for him at camp that evening, but i dont control his actions and to be honest we were both a little fed up. The morning after just made it worse when we left and had to deal with the phone calls.

-All in all, thanks everyone for the comments, turned out to be a pretty touchy thread and i take everyones opinions in account. More or else i just needed to get it outta my system and see both sides of it.

As someone posted earlier, what it all comes down to is i caught my first walleye (which happened to be the biggest ) and no tickets were issued. Thanks everyone! Have a good week!