View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 AM

Research, research, research. Almost every time I go out, which is usually on the Bow I like to check all reports and what hatches are most likely in that time of year. If you are fishing the Bow don't get discouraged, you will probably get skunked more often than not. Fishing dries is the most fun imo but if the fish aren't rising then you will probably have a pretty slow day. If you are trying the bow try swinging some streamers like a bugger, I say this because it doesn't have to be perfect and because your line will be more or less tight through most of the swing and you will most likely feel any strikes, apposed to watching an indicator you can also try some different retrieves with this method. Nymphing will usually produce the most fish but as most people on here say you need to be bouncing off of the bottom or damn near to it, as well as have a drag free fly which can be pretty tough. Good casting practice is to go to a park or even your back yard if it is big enough, lay down a hoola hoop and try from different possitions to get your fly in or near the hoop. Hope this helps these are just some things that I have found help in my few years fly fishing.